Many of the plans mentioned on previos posts are perfect to be made with children. As must plans with children in Palma we have the following ones:
Can Joan de S’aigo is perfect for children to enjoy an ice cream or a typical Mallorcan ensaimada. A visit to Bellver Castle is also highly recommended if you are travelling with children as they can learn about the history of Mallorca by visiting a 14th century castle in perfect condition. In addition the castle is surrounded by a forest with plenty of paths for walking with children, both by bike and walking. At the bottom of the forest there is a children’s playground with swings, ropes and a huge slide.
In addition to these visits, it is highly recommended to visit some of the city’s parks and let the children enjoy. Below you can find a list of several of these parks:
- Parque del Mar: one of the most beautiful parks in Palma and is located right in front of the Cathedral of Mallorca. It has beautiful views of the bay and bars to have a drink and rest.
- Sa Faixina Park: located in the heart of the city. The park has a place for older children to play and another for younger children to enjoy. There is also a cafeteria where you can have a snack.
- Sa Riera Park: This park is perfect for cycling or skating. It is one of the largest in Palma and will delight children.
After spending some time in the park, what could be better than to go refresh yourself and have an ice cream in one of the most emblematic ice-cream parlours on Mallorca. If you come to the island with children, it is highly recommended to go to the C’an Miquel ice cream parlour, located near Jaime III in the heart of Palma. The ice-cream parlour has an infinite number of ice-creams of different flavours and is a very spacious place, making it perfect for resting with the children.
Plans with children near Palma
- Palma Aquarium: Discover one of the largest aquariums in Europe with more than 700 different species of animals. The centre has different zones divided according to the origin of the animals: Mediterranean zone, tropical zone, the gardens of the Palma Aquarium, the jungle, big blue and medusarium. Don’t forget to visit the aquarium if you come to Palma with children!
- Katmandu Park: Known as the friendliest theme park in Europe, the center has many attractions both dry and aquatic that will make the youngest enjoy an unforgettable day. Children can also have fun with shows, dances, face painting workshops and horseback riding.
- Forestal Park Mallorca: Discover this adventure and zip line theme park and let the children release all their adrenaline. The park has more than 80 games on the trees, including Tibetan bridges, lianas, nets and much more. If your child is adventurous and likes excitement, this is the perfect park for you to enjoy. The park has all the necessary measures to ensure the total safety of children.
Another of the most recommended plans to do with children in Mallorca is to visit one of the island’s water parks. Near Palma we can find these two:
- Aqualand: Discover this water park with more than 20 attractions to enjoy not only children but also adults. The park has a large Jacuzzi area and lawn, where you can rest and an area where children can enjoy in complete safety.
- Western Park: Water park located in the Magaluf area, with many attractions and acrobatic shows for all ages. The park has three themed areas: Western Land, inspired by the wild west, Indian Town, which recreates the ancient Indian villages of America and El Paso that simulates Mexico.
Enjoy your trip with children to Palma and have fun while discovering this beautiful city.