The 10 best tapas bars in Palma de Mallorca
Discover the best tapas bars and restaurants in Palma. Let yourself be advised by a local and discover the incredible Spanish gastronomy. As there are so many tapas bars in Palma, it’s not easy to select the best, but I’ve still chosen the ones I consider to be the best. Below you can find a list of the top 10 tapas bars in Palma:
TOP 10 Tapas Bars in Palma:
- Vermuteria la Rosa: This establishment has two premises, one in Rosa Street and the other in the Plaza del Puente. They are two of the busiest places in Palma, mainly due to its menu, with plenty of tapas and pinchos and good prices. It is highly recommended to order the varied tapas as it allows you to try many of its dishes at a very affordable price. The local Plaza del Puente has a very nice terrace. They do not reserve so it is advisable to go a little before dinner time and have a beer at the bar until they give you table.
- La Botana: Spacious restaurant located in Calle Can Brondo, near the Plaza del Rey Juan Carlos I. It has an extensive menu of both tapas and varied dishes. You also have the option of taking skewers from the bar, which are renewed throughout the day. It is highly recommended for families as it is very large and the treatment is very pleasant.
- Beewi: It also has two premises, one in Paseo Mallorca and the other in Plaza del Puente. It is a tapas bar with a very good atmosphere and very good food. Apart from the tapas, they also offer a happy hour of beer at one euro every evening during the week. Both premises have a terrace, although the one on Paseo Mallorca is quite small and as it is on an important street in Palma there is always a lot of noise. It is still worth it!
- Molt de Gust: Cozy establishment with a lot of atmosphere. Ideal for a drink after work or an informal dinner. Excellent value for money. A 1 litre pitcher of beer plus 6 skewers for only 8€. It is located in the street Félix de les Meravelles, 4A.
- Tast Club: Tapas bar with two premises, one in calle Unión and the other in Avenida del Comte de Sallent. They are part of a Mallorcan restaurant group that has been offering surprising gastronomic experiences based on carefully selected traditional products for 30 years. It is a bit more expensive than the bars mentioned above but even so, it is worth a visit.
- Molta Barra: Bar in the heart of Palma located in the Pes de la Farina street. It is decorated in a very striking way with a number of different elements hanging from the wall. You can take a variety of tapas and pinchos and also has a large menu of beers from around the world. It is highly recommended for young people who like bars with a lot of atmosphere.
- Tapas del Flanigan: Tapas bar located on Paseo Mallorca. It belongs to the same owners of the well-known restaurant Flanigan in Puerto Portals. They offer a wide range of tapas and have a highly recommended terrace. It is a bit more expensive than the prices normally paid in Palma but the quality is very good.
- La Pérgola: Restaurant in Joan Miró Street, very close to Bellver Castle, so it may be the perfect complement to your visit to the castle. They have very good tapas and food dishes, as well as a very pleasant terrace both in summer and winter. The price is very good but if you visit in summer and is very full, it may take a while to serve you. Have a little patience and enjoy their impressive food. A word of advice? Try their bombitas and tortilla skewer.
- Bar El Puente: Bar with a very large terrace located in the Plaza del Puente. It is usually very crowded so it is advisable to book. Here you can enjoy many types of tapas, as well as sandwiches and pizzas. It is very cheap and the service is unbeatable.
- Bar España: Finally, one of my favourite bars in Palma. It’s a tapas bar hidden in an alley behind Palma’s Plaza Mayor. The place is not very big and is very well known, both by the people of Palma and by the people who visit the island, so it is always very full. It has a very Spanish atmosphere and is decorated with elements of San Fermín. Enjoy its varied menu of pinchos and tapas and taste some of its delicious wines.
Ruta Martiana Palma de Mallorca
If after reading this list you don’t know which bar to choose, you can always discover different bars with the Ruta Martiana de Palma. Several years ago, many bars in the center of Palma decided to launch an offer of cane + tapa for one euro every Tuesday of the year. This is one of the favorite plans of the people of Palma and there is usually a lot of atmosphere no matter what bar you go to. It’s a perfect plan whether it’s cold, you can get into the bar with a lot of people and get warm, or if it’s hot and you can enjoy a cold beer on a terrace.
Enjoy Palma’s gastronomy and discover the city in a different way.